Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Giammarinaro's: ON TOUR - Coming soon to a town near you?

Well, let me start off by apologizing that this post is not going to contain pictures, because Paul is doing it, and I learned not to mess with the camera a long time ago. I mainly wanted to post to share with you some very exciting news for our family.

The news is that I have a new job! I wasn't really pursuing a switch in careers, but God is good and placed this opportunity before me and so far He has really provided. The job is with Harris Corporation, and the position is with the Information Technology Rotational Development Program. The funny thing is that it's very similar to the program Cristina did with Lockheed after she graduated from UF. We will be moving around every 6 months for the next two years.

I know at this point you are probably thinking we are crazy, but thanks to God's strength and having the most amazing and wonderful wife to support me, I know this is where He is calling us to be. We will be getting into our apartment on July 18th, and I start my first day of work on July 21st in Melbourne, FL. We will be there until December, so we'll still be close to home. After Melbourne we could possibly go to Raleigh, Denver, Toronto, Rochester or DC. We are pretty excited about our new adventures (just think of all the cool blog updates we will have!!).

So as you can imagine this is a very exciting and stressful time for us. A realtor came today to finalize all the paperwork so we can put our house on the market. As I'm sure you all know, this isn't the best market for selling a house, so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pray. We pray that the right family will find this house and that it will make them as happy as it's made us (and sooner rather than later...). God has let everything fall into place with this switch so far, so we know He'll be with us through this as well. Just in case you know someone who may be interested in a house, here is a link: http://www.realtor.com/realestate/orlando-fl-32825-1101025224/

We'll definately keep you posted on all our upcoming adventures and the status of the house. I'm sure Cristina will post again soon with fun pictures from the last few weeks (including last weekend's trip to Atlanta).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations you guys! That's great! I'm sure that someone will fall in love with your adorable house. I'm jealous of the delightful gypsy lifestyle you'll be leading! :)

steve, bess, etc said...

I love the comment about the camera. If there's one thing I learned growing up, if you're at the Silva's house the camera is going to come out & there's no use fighting it. You've got to just smile. I have to hand it to them though, they know what they are doing. I think you guys will be very exciting on tour. You are such a great family; you should spread it around.

Bea said...

Here you go again! never a dull moment! If any family can do this, it is yours. This is an exciting time for you all and I pray that everything fall into place as it should. Remember 'the will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Keep us updated on the tour! I hope you make it to Toronto as you will absolutely love it!