Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beach Day!

Last week I tackled a big adventure. 37 weeks preggo, I took both boys to the beach by myself. Crazy, yes. I know. I just couldn't take Sebastian's pleading any longer and it's a crime to live 10 minutes away from the beach and not take him after he'd been asking to go for more than a week. So, I packed as light as possible, told them they HAD to walk - even with sand in their shoes, and also told them only our toes could go in the water. We were there to play in the sand and fly kites, NOT swim. I know I can't handle that on my own, pregnant or not!

I am happy to report the little trip was a great success!

We took lots of sand toys and got right down to business. It was prefect because we got there around 8:45, stayed for an hour and were gone before it got too busy or hot. Perfect!

Matteo LOVED it and later loved using his buckets to collect shells from all over the beach.

Sebastian was so happy to be at the beach - even without getting in the water. =)

Our flying lizard kite. Lots of squeals of delight. This was the main reason Sebastian wanted to go to the beach. We try to fly kites in the backyard sometimes, but they never go too high. I always tell him the beach is the best place to fly kites and he really wanted to see this one go up high!

They loved running and rolling up and down the sand dunes.

With just our toes in the water. It was a beautiful morning, a beautiful part of our Holy Week. Maybe this will have to be a tradition, to help us be thankful for the gift of having the beach right up the street.....

No comments: