Saturday, September 19, 2009

Florida Labor Day Vacation Part I

We have been talking about the plane ride to Florida for weeks in hopes that all would go well with Sebastian. We also decided to lug on board Sebastian's car seat so he would sit in it on the plane - a more familiar place would equal less wig out potential. We always feel like such a road show when we travel with our millions of things and two kids, but I think we had it pretty together this trip. Cristina with big diaper bag, holding Sebastian's hand (who carried his own toys in his backpack), and Matteo in the K'tan sling and Daddy with a backpack/laptop and the enormous and heavy car seat.

It's 5 am at the airport, but I have my Cheerios in my cup so I'm happy.

Good morning Matteo! You're going on your first airplane trip!

Daddy and Sebastian happy on the plane....Matteo still a little surprised...

But after a brief snooze, now he is happy and making loud happy baby noises. Good thing we were in the second to last row of the plane.

Loved the ride and excited to see Abuelita that is picking us up.

Bye, bye avion!

Matteo with his first plane.

Welcome to Florida from the Mouse.

Matteo very happy and interested to see Abuelita. He loves people watching now and is so aware of everything!

A visit from my best friend and college roommate Sarah and new baby Chase. Yay!!!

Our newest little guys.

My brother Daniel and pregnant Emily, finally showing. Can't wait to meet our nephew! On that note, we also got the great news while we were in Florida that my cousins Arlene and Jonathan are expecting their first baby! They are due in March and we are certainly keeping them in our prayers! Yay for more babies!

We went with my dad to his airport so Sebastian could see Lelo's plane. I love how they have the same expression on their faces in this picture.

Watching some plans land on the runway.

Wow - in Lelo's airplane.

The mini-pilots enjoying their pretend ride with Lelo.

Sebastian driving. My dad did take him out to taxi around a bit, but they didn't even make it past a couple of hangers before Sebastian was all done with the loud noise. I think he'll like it more when he's a bit older.

With Lelo and his airplane.

My new haircut. I got brave. Well, not really. I got a lady that I couldn't understand and next thing I knew my hair was this short and I had bangs. Oh well, it'll grow back! It's an interesting and new change.

Our friends Scott and Tina hosted an Italian Feast while we were there on a Saturday. We watched football, the kids all played, and we caught up with lots of friends. Sebastian had fun playing with cousin Tyler and Paul's godson Daniel.

The Feast table set for 18!!

Uncle Corey with his Godson Matteo.

We were able to share in baby Chase's dedication with Sarah and Nathan. We were so glad to be a part of their special day and have the boys together.

Driving!

Happy Matteo after bath time.

My good friend Jen invited us to spend the day at Animal Kingdom. Sebastian and his buddy Finn had a great time together.

Matteo enjoyed and slept too.

Buddies.

Loved seeing the Jungle Book characters.

Matteo's favorite part was the cups.

So the boys won't cooperate for a picture, but the Mami's will! Waiting to ride the dinosaur ride.

Here we go!

Daddy and Matteo rode too.

Sebastian in awe of the dino ride. He loved it. We rode it twice. No, we did not pose this shot. Who can pose a two year old anyways?!

Soooo....happy. And sooooo HOT!

We left Sebastian and Matteo for our first night out alone in a LONG time. We went to Melting Pot and enjoyed a nice, leisurely dinner. It was so much fun and so nice!

Being goofy.

No comments: