Thursday, September 02, 2010

Visiting with Friends and Family and School Update

A few weeks ago (I know, I got behind in my blogging!) Auntie Tiffany and Auntie Donelle came to Orlando for a quick visit and to go to a concert. I didn't want to miss a chance to see them, so we drove over and met them at the hotel and then caught a quick dinner at Tijuana Flats before they had to go. It was great fun and the kids loved getting to see their two Aunties that they love so much!

Next time I see my girls it will be for Donelle's 30th birthday celebration! We won't be joining them for the cruise =( but we are planning to go down to Miami to meet them off the ship and spend the rest of the weekend.

Last Thursday, Sebastian brought home the "Letter Bucket" from school! He was sooo excited, he never wanted to let go of that bucket! Good thing I had another smaller bucket that Matteo could carry around because of course he wanted it too. Our letter was "G" so he spend the next few days asking if everything in sight started with the letter G.

Sunday we visited the beach that is about 10 minutes from our house. It was nice enough, but the currents and waves were way to strong to go swimming thanks to Hurricane Earl out there. I love this picture of Paul and Matteo headed out to the surf...

Our good friends Scott, Tina and the kids all joined us for the afternoon. We'll have to do it again soon! Sebastian and Tina were great buddies jumping around in the water and Matteo had a ball chasing birds and playing in the sand.

Me. =) In mini-van morning errand mode. My life is so glamorous!

Time for school - and to take back the Letter Bucket! It's full of things that start with G! I thought that maybe, just maybe, Sebastian would be so excited since it was his special bucket day, but no....still the same complaints as always about actually GOING to school. But the second he gets to the classroom he walks right in, doesn't look back and has a ball all day. Then he is super-hyped the rest of the day because he has so much fun at school. Go figure....

Our letter bucket had Good Night, Gorilla, giraffe, gorilla, grass, glasses, girl, grasshopper, grapes, glue stick, granola bar, God, and of course GATOR stickers for each child in the class. I am sure there are some parents that REALLY don't like me now that their kid came home all gator-fied.....awesome! We also sent in green grapes for everyone to have during snack time.

At the part the other day (awesome playground 10 min away completely covered from the sun!) Sebastian enlisted the other little boys there to play airplane. It was so cute. He would tell them to sit and put on the seat belts and where they were going and everything! I had never seen him lead a situation like that, so I was surprised and impressed! I think school is very good for his self-confidence.

Sebastian climbs....

So Matteo must climb too. It's crazy, but he can actually do this stuff!

Peek a boo!

At the zoo this week....we went in the afternoon to see the Giraffes (which we now know are "resting" in the afternoon) and the GATORS of course in line with our G week.

When we strolled by these Gators, Matteo did the chomp. That's our boy. We are ready for football season - bring it on!

Last night, after bath time the boys started hiding behind the curtains and jumping out to BOO each other. Well, it turned into a great game and I saw the potential for some great pictures.... =) Now I hope my curtains survive...

My favorite. You can just see the laughter.
I love my boys, they are growing up so quickly and I'm not missing a second or taking it for granted.

No comments: