Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Matteo goes to Gymboree

It's hard to believe, but when Sebastian was 16 months we started Gymboree with him right after moving to Melbourne. Now, 1 year later, here I am starting with Matteo at the same age and with the same awesome teacher. The boys have such different personalities, I couldn't wait to see how Matteo would react to everything. It was just as I imagined. He dove right in and didn't stop until he dropped from sheer exhaustion. =) He just took one look at all the fun play equipment and took off running. (It took Sebastian about 3 classes before he'd even leave my lap to participate in anything...) Amazing how different children can be!

They had his favorite balls hiding in the tunnel.

So wish this photo had been in focus, but it still captures his excitement so I had to post it anyways...


VIDEO - Matteo at Gymboree
(Click here if the video does not appear below.)

I remember thinking when I did Gymboree with Sebastian how I couldn't believe that parents wouldn't make their kids do the activities as the teacher instructed. I could always direct or ask Sebastian to come over and do what we were supposed to do. Um, yeah....not Matteo. If I tried to redirect him he would just run from me or scream. I mean, I did cut him some slack since it was his first time there, but oh boy!

PS - the theme was "hard and soft" which is why you hear me talking about it and you also hear the teacher talking to Dario - it was his turn, not Matteo's.... =)




Focus, focus, focus....

After he jumped in the parachute.

Love collecting all the balls. He also doesn't really like to clean up too easily....we'll have to work on that one too. =)

And of, the wonder of bubbles! Love this! We can't wait for a year of lots of Gymboree fun!

No comments: