Thursday, August 12, 2010

More Firsts!

After his busy first day of school, we drove to Orlando to go to Sebastian's buddy Michael's 3rd birthday at Sliderz. It's one of those big warehouses with inflatables and fun slides to jump on. A kids dream, right? Well, not Sebastian's. He is very frightened of them. But we'd been talking about it and I was so proud of him yesterday. He told me he was scared and I told him it was okay to feel scared. That we didn't have to do anything he didn't want to do yet. So slowly, over a course of about 30 minutes he went from refusing to enter the area, to me carrying him around, to him walking with me holding his hand, then sitting and FINALLY jumping on the inflatables. I was so proud of him. It just reinforces how even though he's little, he is certainly entitled to his own fears and feelings and I'm so glad that we gently got to a good place for him to enjoy it. So, after that discourse, here are the pictures!

Running!

Matteo had a BLAST. Even more than his brother I think. And he was running on a 45 minute nap all day. Needless to say, he fell asleep in the car and slept all night.

We all loved the big slides!

The best shot I could get of Elias, Sebastian and Michael. Emilio and Owen couldn't make it.

And our last "first" was going to the dentist on Wednesday morning! We have been talking it up and everything was going great until they wanted him to lay down. Then he freaked. But, after I laid down and they showed him all the tools and everything, he was okay with it. I could barely believe my eyes. He laid down, opened wide and they cleaned, flossed, scraped, wiped and checked his teeth, no problem. Wow. He is growing up. I still can't believe it.

Flossing.

When the cleaning was finished he got to pick a new toothbrush. He took this very seriously as you can see from his expression... He picked a Cars toothbrush.

Dentist checked him out and it was all good! Looks like he got Mami's good teeth - hopefully!

Reading stories with Papa!

Best picture ever of Papa and Matteo. So adorable.

VIDEO - Matteo says "Cheese"
(If video does not appear below, click here to watch.)

So Matteo is not a huge talker, but since his picture obsessed Mami is always making him smile, he's got the "cheese" part down. =)




Today I also started the boy's room Rocket Project. Yes, with capital letters. You see, I am very ambitious and creative, but not exactly artistically talented. So I took my moms advice and made a giant pattern of the rocket I am going to paint on the boy's room wall.

I taped it to the wall, traced it and started painting it today. I am so excited because it is 95% done and looks amazing! But no peeks at the finished Project until it's completely done, so expect a blog post dedicated to the Rocket Project very soon. It's so cool!!!!

No comments: