Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Rocket Project

Sebastian (well, and Matteo too, I guess) both love rockets and all things space. So for month before we even moved back to Florida we have been talking about giving them a space themed room. My mom happened to give them these adorable matching rocket pajamas and I immediately knew they'd be the inspiration. Mostly because it was simple enough for me to paint on the wall! And the fact that it was adorable was a big plus! =) As most of you know, I am very ambitious and even creative, but I wouldn't say that I have much artistic talent. So I went about this very slowly and step by step so that my perfectionist self would be happy with the results. So here is the Rocket Project journey!

Traced it out on giant paper from our move. I measured the shirt and multiplied everything by 4x to make sure I kept the scale too. (Did I mention the perfectionist side of me??) =)

Cut out all the parts.

Taped it all to the wall in the right location.

Traced all of it in pencil.

Just starting out! I didn't actually intend to get to the painting phase that day, which is why I'm wearing a white skirt. But once I got going I didn't want to stop for anything, so I didn't change.

I had a very excited little audience. This is his new bed by the way. It is so cute, more pictures of that at some point later. It's like a miniature bunk bed!

Tip and body of rocket done.

Engines ready!

It wasn't even done, but boy were they already excited!

Trying to make the fire part look cool!

Looking better!

Windows and name stripes left to do...

And now they're done!

And the finished product! The last detail was writing their names in on the name stripes. It looks sooo cool!!!!

A close up....

Two very happy and excited boys with their rocket bedroom. Now we can put up all the cool glow in the dark stars!

No comments: