Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Let's join together in Prayer for a MIRACLE for Baby Andrew!

Dear Friends,
As many of you may know, Cristina's childhood friend and her husband gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Andrew in December. Since his birth he continues to face what seems like endless hurdles on his road to recovery.

I just received an email from an old High School friend of mine that I just reconnected with around the time that Andrew's precious life began and he informed me that he and his wife organized a Novena for baby Andrew that will begin tomorrow, April 30. My friend doesn't even know the family, but is just touched by their story.

This got me to thinking about how powerful prayer is, especially when done in great numbers, so I'm inviting all of you to join in this Novena. It's very short and will only take a few moments.

For those of you unfamiliar with what a Novena is, here is a brief definition:

A novena is a nine-day period of private or public prayer to obtain special graces, to implore special favors, or to make special petitions. (Novena is derived from the Latin "novem", meaning nine.)

The Novena we will be praying is to Louis and Zelie Martin (St. Therese of Lisieux's parents).

Here is a link to the short prayer: http://www.sttherese.com/Louis%20and%20Zelie.html

God Bless,
Paul

1 comment:

steve, bess, etc said...

I haven't been on the blog in a while, I can't believe how big Sebastian has gotten! What a doll! I just wanted to say thank you for all the love & prayers you have been sending up for Andrew. We know God can provide the miracle & we've definitely got a great number of friends, family & even strangers lifting him up in prayer. It means more than you could ever know.
Much Love! - Betsy