Friday, March 20, 2009

Finally - some more pictures!

Sorry this has taken so long, but as you can imagine things have been busy. Matteo is doing great! We were discharged from the hospital on Tuesday evening and were lucky enough to have both Nana and Abuelita helping us for the first few days. We also had our first pediatrician appointment this afternoon and Matteo checked out great! Praise God for a healthy baby! I still am working on the detailed birth story, but here are the highlights:

We went to dinner at my brother's on Sunday night and on the way home I started having irregular contractions. After watching the beautiful shuttle launch, I walked a few laps around our lake at the apartment complex and they started becoming more regular by 9 pm - about 8 minutes apart, but I was still comfortable. So I decided to try to get some sleep and managed to rest until 2 am when I was starting to get uncomfortable with contractions 4-5 minutes apart. We called the parents to come over to help with Sebastian and by 5 am we left for the hospital. I got checked in and was contracting 1-2 minutes apart. I was already 8 centimeters and after waiting for the doctor for about 10 minutes I was ready to push Matteo out! He was born a little before 6 am. So, labor was quick, quick, quick and I can't complain - no interventions, no medications and a beautiful, alert and happy baby in about 4 hours. I promise to work on the detailed version and get it up for all of you who are interested in the juicy details. =) In the mean time, enjoy these pictures from the first few days.

This is Sunday evening, the night before Matteo was born. Here Sebastian was just cuddling with his brother before bedtime.

Welcome Matteo Paul!

Us with the newest addition.

The sunrise a few minutes later over the intercoastal.

All wrapped up.

In the afternoon when Sebastian came over to meet his little brother Matteo. Our first family picture as a family of four!

Wow! Sebastian was certainly intrigued and loved pointing out his new brother's features - eyes, face, mouth, nose, hair!

Sebastian's first reaction to seeing Matteo when we brought him home. He was soooo excited! He just kept saying baby, baby, baby and jumping up and down. It was the best reaction ever! So cute!

Welcome home Matteo!

My favorite picture of Matteo so far. So handsome!
As you can imagine we have TONS more pictures. For those of you who want to see all of them, I dumped them all on Picasa for you to browse at your leisure. Click here to see them all. Enjoy! And I promise to update more soon!

1 comment:

steve, bess, etc said...

What a beautiful boy; that last one is a great picture! Conratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys. Family of 4 suites.