Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hello from Mass!

We've been in Massachusetts for two weeks now. It seems like so much longer than that already! I have to admit that my days are pretty long since I haven't been leaving the house much because it's so cold. But, on the bright side, the apartment is fabulous - spacious, lots of natural light and very comfortable. So we've been playing with a lot of toys that haven't been played with in a while, doing some crafts, reading books and listening to lots of music.

I'm also committing in 2010 to have more of a planned day for Sebastian in particular with activities to help him learn and grow, especially since I don't plan to go out as often. I'm excited that a fellow mommy blogger I follow has put together a great activity schedule that I shamelessly plan to borrow as well as add a few more things to it. Thanks Code Name Mama! We are starting on Monday with activities like structured pretend play, fun with numbers, language, science adventures, Catholic concepts, library, etc. I'll let you know how it goes!

We are also really enjoying being near some of my family! It's been great to see Tio Frasqui, Titi Arlyn and my cousins Arlene, Jonathan, Jacqueline and Carolyn in the past few weekends. The boys love going over there and seeing new faces and I think it's going to be a real bright part of our 6 months here in Massachusetts. Okay, now on to the pictures! Sorry to be so lengthy but I feel like I haven't blogged much about what the boys are doing since we went to Florida in December so I'm just trying to catch up. =)

Matteo has been cruising the furniture for about a month and half now. He is getting braver everyday and enjoys getting into places that he shouldn't, like under the dining room table.

Proud little stinker.

He will bravely stand himself up and just hold a pose as long as he can - before he falls down on his behind. It's pretty funny and he is so proud of himself when he manages to stand for a while. I think we'll have a walker on our hands soon! Yikes!

We are maximizing our museum/zoo memberships by taking advantage of the reciprocal programs that allow us to use other museums/zoos for free! This has worked great for us in all our travels so our first weekend in Boston we visited the Boston Museum of Science. I think this Moose was Sebastian's favorite animal there.

Beautiful view from the museum.

Ahhh!!! A giant bug!

Sebastian loved this larger than life "bright lite" toy.

Later on when we got home, Matteo was in a crack-up funny mood giving off huge smiles.
Enjoy this video below of him and Daddy laughing it up.
(Click here if the video does not appear below so you can watch it.)




Playing with Tio Frasqui and Titi Arlyn.

My attempt at a brother pic with their cute matching shirts...

Sebastian proud of his "long, long train with tall, tall tower on it."

Matteo playing peek-a-boo in the clean sheets I was trying to fold.

Matteo waiting patiently to go out in the cold. It was REALLY cold for a few days - like 5 degrees, but then today it's like 45! If winter were always like today I'd love it!

This weekend we went to the Boston Children's Museum (again, for free). Sebastian enjoyed it, but it certainly isn't the Strong Museum back in Rochester. We are really going to miss that place... He did have a good time though, so I'm sure we'll go back.

Toot, toot!!!

Putting gas in the car! (No, Nana, please don't buy us a gas pump for our car! =) )

Riding a bulldozer.

Driving a fun car.
I think the sign was coincidental, although there is a huge Haitian population here in Boston. Our prayers and hearts go out to the people of Haiti following this disastrous earthquake.

No comments: