Monday, March 08, 2010

"Fake" Spring and more Celebrations

On Saturday it was BEAUTIFUL outside. At 50 degrees and sunny, everyone was outside enjoying the spring-like weather. But we hear it's probably just a mean trick and that winter is not really over yet. Booooooo! We went for a walk across the street from our apartment building by the river. Sebastian had a great time seeing the ducks and all the birds.

Matteo was sleepy, but happy in his Baby K'tan.

Sebastian is so happy to be able to go outside! I will certainly have much more appreciation for the outdoors when we are back in Florida.

At the river walk.

This is our apartment building - just for the record. =)

On Saturday, Titi Arlyn, Tio Frasqui, Carolyn and Jacqueline came over to celebrate Titi Arlyn's birthday. Sebastian loves birthday parties and picked out special balloons and helped put sprinkles on the cake. We had a great time. Happy birthday!

Our neighbor friends Eid and Rima invited us over for lunch at their place this weekend too. We had a fantastic spread (all homemade breads too) of traditional middle eastern food. We had a great time sampling and trying out the new dishes. It was sooo yummy!

Dessert. Mmmmm!

Rima and I with our favorite selection. We figured we should actually take a picture of us since we only take pictures of the boys. Plus we are usually not even wearing decent clothes, so it was nice to be all put together and not be in "stay at home" mommy mode as we are most days, just running back and forth to each other's homes. =) I can tell I'm going to miss my new friend already!

Adam stealing some of Matteo's food right off his tray!!

So many toys, but oh - Solo Cups are just the best!

Mateo likes to play IN the toy box these days...

Playing out on our balcony on another beautiful day today. Counting the day until we get to Florida and don't have to wear our coats everywhere!


This picture is for my dear brother. =) You already have your own shop here Daniel!

1 comment:

The Tegens said...

Yay for the K'Tan...I use it lots of places these days. I need to learn a new hold, though...he's getting too big for the cradle one I've been using. --I TOTALLY love the pic of you and your friend all "done up." Its funny how wardrobe changes so much these days...lol. I feel like I've been in maternity gear for 2 years! Soo ready to update the actual wardrobe for a bit before #3! --Oh, and I love the bit in the previous post about Matteo falling asleep on you---how in the world do you manange to sleep??? :)