Thursday, June 03, 2010

Boys Weekend with Daddy

This Memorial Day weekend was a HUGE milestone for our family. I left Paul and the boys and went on a girls weekend!!! It was the first time that I have ever left my family and I agonized over it from the second I bought the ticket to Panama City Beach, FL. It was heart wrenching to leave, but such an exhilarating/relaxing/reconnecting weekend and I'm so glad I did it.

Meanwhile, I told Paul he had to take pictures of every second, and being the amazing husband he is....he actually did! So this is what the boys were doing while Mami was doing this:

Just one of the many great moment during my girls weekend....you'll see more in my next post. =)



BOYS WEEKEND 2010
(does this mean there will be a 2011 one too....hope so!)

After dropping Mami off at the airport, they went to Red Robin (Sebastian's favorite restaurant) for dinner.

They both fell asleep in the car on the way home.

My poor baby didn't know what to do with himself at first. He walked around the house searching for me and signing "milk." But it didn't last too long once he saw his brother and Daddy having fun.

Then he started to get happier!

Feeding the ducks.

Checking out the Fair that's going on down the street.

He even managed a dinner time picture! Wow! I think meals are the hardest part of being alone with the kiddos. I left Paul everything planned out, cut up and in containers to make it a little easier and make sure that everyone actually ate!

Baths!

Shopping at Target to kill time.

Daddy went to the splash pad too....not sure who they were posing for though...

Go Gators!

Making a project for Mami. I love the tongue as he concentrates.

Last naps before Mami comes home!

Such a happy (and tearful!) reunion with Sebastian!!!

Matteo on the other hand...he was MAD!!!! So mad, he wouldn't come to me and when I tried to pick him up he ran for his Daddy! In about 10 minutes he came around and immediately wanted to nurse, but still wouldn't even look at me. Finally, he came around, but wow! My mom says I used to do the same thing when I was a kid too...

So happy to be back with my family! Three cheers for SUPER DADDY/HUSBAND! I am so glad that they had fun and I did too!

1 comment:

emma wallace said...

How adorable! I love how Paul captured Matteo's expressions!