Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Great Laundry Room Makeover

As we made our "wish list" of things we wanted to complete before the baby arrived, the top item on my list was creating a more functional and clean laundry room. I do laundry almost everyday and between washing clothes, diapers and rags/towels (we don't do paper towels or paper napkins anymore), I am in there constantly. We also walk through this room every time we go somewhere since it's right off the garage. So we started planning and searching for inexpensive ways to make this space nice and functional.

This is what it looked like before....

The start of the biggest part of the project - redoing the flooring. We already had this bright blue paint, which happened to end up being a wonderful shade of Gator Blue - so it is now our Gator Laundry room. We also searched for months and finally found the perfect cabinets off of CraigsList to put in.

Yicky, stained and peeling linoleon is GONE! Now we are ready to tile!

Paul and his Dad cut and laid all the tile in one day and it looked fantastic! So fresh and clean! The boys watched Daddy grout it the next day.

New! Clean! Beautiful floor!!! I don't even want to put a rug down it's so nice!

My nice new cabinets and my retractable hanging line to hang diapers and other clothes easily.

Freshly painted, clean and functional! My dream come true! Funny the things I LOVE now that I am a stay at home mom! Thank you to my wonderful husband and great father in law for making this project a reality - all before the baby came!

No comments: