Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fall Soccer

This year we decided to have Sebastian try out soccer for the first time.  The really nice thing about how our league is set up is that we can choose a non-competitive track that just meets once a week for a 40 minute practice/drills, followed by a 20 minute scrimmage game.  This is the perfect trial for us, especially since it doesn’t commit us to soccer every weekend.  I’m sure those type of commitments will come soon enough….

So here is a look at Sebastian’s first 6 weeks of soccer…

IMG_0517

There was a big kick off for the kids to run around the field, meet the coach, etc.  The kids were super excited…

IMG_0518

I think Matteo thought he would get to play too.

IMG_0525

Testing out his new shin-guards.

IMG_0566

He was soooo ready for his first practice.  So excited to wear his tall socks and meet his teammates.  Only problem…it was POURING rain. 

IMG_0567

But, I couldn’t deny that face.  We hadn’t heard if practice was officially canceled – and they are supposed to play in the rain as long as there is no thunder.  So I explained that the coach would have to decide and let us know.  We all piled in the car and sat in the parking lot at the field (in the rain ) and they finally told us it was canceled. =(  Luckily he took it okay.

IMG_1305

The next week we were on vacation in Michigan so he missed practice, so the following week we were treated to this interesting warm up experience.  He just kept saying, I don’t want to dance, I want to play soccer!

IMG_1311

Teo and Luca wore their matching soccer outfits.

IMG_1473

The following week they got their jerseys.

IMG_1489

Starting to get the hang of things…

IMG_1698

Taking a water break!

IMG_1701

His pose for his soccer pictures.

IMG_1765

End of practice huddle with Coach Mike.

IMG_1768

Matteo looking all soccer player-ish.  There are so many 2 year old siblings, they could have a whole team!

IMG_1895

Kicking a goal!!!!

IMG_2031

Playing “kick the coach” with his ball.

IMG_2049

When the scrimmage, Sebastian always wants to be on the orange shirt team.  I really think it’s his favorite part of soccer.

IMG_2041

So thankful that Paul is able to leave work a bit early so he can meet me at the field to help keep Matteo entertained.  They usually have a blast either kicking the ball around, going to the playground or just playing.

IMG_2034

This is what practice in the rain looks like!!!

IMG_2045

Good thing Luca loves his sling – he was warm, dry and cuddly in there the entire hour!

1 comment:

rachel said...

I saw you liked my comment on Facebook and then when I was on Adrienne's blog looking t her blog list, I saw your blog and checked it out! I'll probably sound like a crazy stalker but I figured you were AP like I am and I was skimmed through your blog from beginning to present! I definitely didn't read most of the posts but I learned a few things we have in common:

- we love breastfeeding (Silas is 17 months and still going strong!)
- while parenting can be tiring, we don't view it as a burden or annoyance
- our families are our world
- my son was also born on may 18 (2010) which I found to be even more oddly coincidental (did you deliver at Holmes too?)