Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jacksonville/St. Augustine Trip

The first week of December we trekked to Jacksonville for my nephew Logan’s 2nd birthday party.  Such fun!

IMG_3200

The weather was perfect and all the kids enjoyed playing outside basically all day.

IMG_3206

The happy Silva’s.

IMG_3213

It was so nice to see the four kids playing so well this visit.  I think it’s the first time they have all really enjoyed interacting and playing with each other – so fun!  In a couple years when Luca and Blake join in it’s going to be crazy!!

IMG_3224

Definitely a favorite photo. =)

379486_10101248464084813_5201130_73475411_1689650510_n

Hanging with his Lita.

IMG_3226

My brother let us use some points to stay overnight at a hotel nearby.  The only way to get four kids, two adults and all our stuff into the room is with a  luggage cart.  Which the children found incredible fun.  They LOVE hotels.  Sebastian even told us recently that for his birthday he wants to stay at a hotel.

IMG_3240

The next morning we drove to St. Augustine to spend the day.

IMG_3247

Sebastian requested this photo with the “water wheel.”

IMG_3249

IMG_3251

IMG_3264

One of the main reasons I wanted to make a stop in St. Augustine is because I like to take my children to the Nombre De Dios Mission grounds to visit the Our Lady of La Leche Chapel.   This is a very special little chapel to me, and I consider it a pilgrimage to thank God and Our Lady for the blessings of healthy babies that I can nourish and care for.  Besides the fact that this is where the first Mass in Florida was said and that it’s been around since the 1600s, I love Our Lady because she is mothering baby Jesus in a way so beautiful, natural and personal to me – nursing her baby, Our Savior. 

image

I have visited this place after the birth of each of the boys, and this was Luca’s first visit.  Here is a link to more information about the little chapel.

IMG_3265

IMG_3291

We spent the rest of the afternoon wandering the grounds, letting the kids collect treasures, chase squirrels and just bask in the day.  It was perfect.

IMG_3301

My loves.

IMG_3313

Thank you sweet Mary for the beautiful birth and life that your Son has entrusted to me.  May I be a faithful and wise mother during this journey with my children.

No comments: