Friday, August 03, 2007

Home Again!

Greetings! It is nice to be back home! We had a wonderful time visiting family in Michigan and at my high school friend Brian's wedding in Indiana. We were gone for 10 days and it was truly a vacation - we really got to relax since we were staying with Paul's parents at the cottage on the lake and they were more than happy to entertain Sebastian and even change diapers! We spent our days catching up on sleep, playing cards, eating lots of yummy things like freshly picked raspberries, and just hanging out with the family. A big highlight was the annual Port Huron-Mackinac sailboat races the weekend we left. Over 200 boats sailed right past the cottage and it was beautiful!

Sebastian adapted very well to all of the changes and traveling. On the plane rides he was content in my sling mostly sleeping and nursing. He also loved all the attention while we were at the cottage and spent lots of time playing on the floor where he rolled over for the first time. In a matter of a week we saw lots of changes in him - it's amazing how fast the time goes!

Now it's back to trying to find a routine. Everyone asks how he is sleeping: pretty well. He only wakes up once a night and usually lets us sleep until 8 am or so. Next week is my last full week at home with him before I return to work. I'm anxious to go back because I hate to leave him, but at the same time I'm looking forward to being "out in the world" again. Luckily, my manager is allowing me to start out part-time, three days a week, until I fall into a better routine and am able to balance work and home. It's such a blessing and will make it so much easier to leave him. Also, we are lucky that my mom is going to be watching Sebastian part-time and I know that he will be happy, loved and enjoy being with his Abuelita.

This weekend we are off to Gainesville to meet up with Tio Daniel and see some friends. He'll be taking his first University of Florida tour and see our good old alma mater. Maybe he can apply for early admission? =) Enjoy the pics and thanks for checking in!

Sebastian watching for the sailboats!

Some of the fam enjoying the bonfire in the backyard. It was cold!!!

Sebastian getting some sleep on our late flight home.

Sebastian meeting his Tio Mauricio


Sebastian playing on the floor at his Uncle Corey's

My Godson holding my son =)

No comments: