Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

We have been staying very busy getting ready for St. Valentine's Day. After making Christmas cards this past December, Sebastian was thrilled when I told him we would be doing some more card making and fun activities. Here is a round-up of all the fun things we have been up to in the last couple weeks that are Valentine's related. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

The boys helped me decorate the chocolate covered pretzels and marshmallow's we made to give as gifts this year.

I think Matteo ate more sprinkles and chocolate than he decorated, but hey, that's okay. And no, I did NOT send out the few that they decorated. Too many licked fingers! =)

Our finished products! They looked so nice!

And of course, I had to save a couple for my amazing husband. =) Sebastian and I had a cute conversation about these. He asked why I made these for Daddy and I told him it was because I loved him. Since we are very much in the "why, why, why" phase, he asked, "Why do you love him." And I turned it back to him and asked him, "Why do you think I love Daddy?" Sebastian replied, "Because he is your Best Friend." So sweet. Even 3-year olds notice the love between their parents, such a good reminder for all of us.

Our card making this year involved markers, stickers, foam appliques and stamps. Oh, my! The boys both have a ball doing crafty things.

We made a heart snowflake banner to hang in the play room. Anything that involves a glue stick equals fun to a toddler and preschooler.

Our "Love one Another" hearts collage.

Snowflake up close.

One of Sebastian's many cards.

We made Valentine's day treats for his preschool party at school. These mini hearts were a big hit! He was pretty proud of them too.

Bigger cupcakes we made for the school party. I am no cake expert, but they had fun making them and I think they turned out pretty cute.

Trying to get a cute Valentine's Day inspired picture. This is the best shot. The rest of them they are either not looking or hitting each other with their balloons.

Mommy's Valentine cheesing for the camera.

My almost 2-year old!

Excited to give his teacher her Valentine's Day gifts. We also made these cute coffee filter flowers. We only ended up making a few because they didn't think they were as much fun to make and Mami ended up doing most of the work. = / Maybe next year we can make more - they were so cute!

We hosted Matteo's playgroup Valentine Party at our house last week too. We had quite the yummy spread, as usual.
Best group shot possible for 7 nearly 2-year olds. This is right before they got to open their Valentine's.

Matteo loved opening up his little cards.

Especially the ones that had lollipops!

When Sebastian came home from his school party he was thrilled to open all his Valentine's too. Everyday he keeps asking if it's still Valentine's Day. I keep telling him yes, but only until Monday. Then I guess we will move on to St. Patrick.

Mami with her boys. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: