Wednesday, June 12, 2013

San Francisco - Day 7

Today is Cristina and my 9th wedding anniversary! Unfortunately she had to leave the house before 7am this morning, but I was blessed to spend this special day with the fruits of our love over the last 9 years. 

Today's adventure was to the San Francisco Zoo! What a day! The zoo is on the complete opposite side of where we are staying, so it was a long ride on MUNI for the little guys. They did great though. 



We left the house at about 9:30am and arrived back just after 4pm. The zoo was a lot bigger than I expected.

We weren't even through the front gates yet when of course we had to stop for a snack.


Once we were in, they had a lot of the same animals we have at the Brevard Zoo, but some of the different ones were penguins, grizzly bears, polar bears, lions and tigers.

I am just going to dump some of the pics I have on my phone. Most of the good pics I took are on the real camera, because Cristina would kill me if I didn't take 'real' pictures, as she calls them.










They had a great nature trail with volunteers set up in various stations around the loop with an animal they could touch and learn about.


Plus a fun insect building with all sorts of insects, and this cool climbing web outside.



Luca brushing the goat.



I never usually buy food for the kids to feed the animals, but the petting area was so cool, and they had the opportunity to feed goats, so I splurged the $0.50 and let them do it.


Then I had to feed the other animals :)





Group shot with my crew! Matteo was almost out by this point, but he held on about 5 more minutes after this pic.

We made the trip back to the MUNI station. Sebastian and I were running at the end because we didn't want to wait for the next one.

Her's photos of my crew on the trip back.




What a fun day! I am glad we decided to do the zoo. I almost didn't do it since we have a zoo at home, but it was different enough to be a great experience.

No comments: