Friday, June 14, 2013

San Francisco - Day 8

Today was our last full day of being on our own. Tomorrow Cristina is done around 3 from training, and we plan on having some family time in the afternoon.

Today I will start with a little 'behind the  scenes' tour of what our morning was like. Luca caught me sneaking chocolate cake for breakfast, and since he is our ONLY child interested in chocolate, I couldn't resist (and yes, that is a potato chip in his hand. Don't judge ;-)




After 'breakfast' we headed out to ride the trolley again. When we rode it last Saturday it was SO crowded it wasn't very fun. I was hoping a weekday would be better. It was a little, but not much.


My littlest guy.


All aboard!



We took the California line to the Powell-Hyde line, and then got off at the famous Lombard, the most crooked street.


Our hike down. Matteo was on my back and not very in to the experience and Luca was in the stroller until we got to the bottom.



 
I finally convinced Matteo to be in a picture.

Once we went down Lombard, we headed up to the Fisherman's Wharf area and then Pier 39 to see the seals again.

Then we caught the F streetcar back to Embarcadero to catch the N line back to Ballpark. Only problem was the F line took about 40 minutes to arrive!! Then of course it finally arrived and I go to pick up Luca and he's stinky :-( well I wasn't waiting another 40 minutes, so we hopped on, and of course it is packed because it hadn't been running. Luca starts screaming/shrieking because he wants a seat, and some nice couple obliged.


Cruising down the Embarcadero on the street car. The poor people around us, because he was so stinky!

We got off at our stop and I made a beeline for the Hyatt, thinking I could easily change him there. Well the restroom didn't have a changing table (grrr, they hardly ever put them in men's rooms!!!) so I had to change him on the sink :-( poor little trooper, but we managed. We got 'home' and he was zonked!


Then this afternoon before Mami came home we had some fun time at the playground.



No comments: