Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Preparing for Christmas!

Finally - I am actually blogging about our current month - I think I am starting to catch up! Whew!

Because we were going to be on the road quite a bit for Thanksgiving the week prior, I had Paul bring in all the Advent and Christmas bins so I could start unwrapping everything and getting things ready to decorate. I also really wanted to find my Advent things because there were several things I wanted to do with the boys this season that I needed to plan out. This was how they helped me, most of the time. Eks. No, really, they were great about putting ornaments on the shelf on the entertainment center so we could grab them and put them on the tree easily.

Picking out our tree was a bit crazy this year with Angelica, Sebastian and Matteo all running around in circles, hiding in the trees and just being completely uninterested. My obsessive tree choosing will have to wait until they are a bit older I guess. I think we bought the second tree we unwrapped. That was a first for me!

As soon as we got back from Thanksgiving travels, Sebastian was dying to get the ornaments on the tree. So I let them do a few during the day, but I wanted to save most of the decorating for the evening when Daddy was home. They had such a hard time waiting!

Good thing we have a lot of soft and non-breakable things we can put up, because Matteo likes to take things on and off the tree all day long.

This is his first Christmas tree really, because last year we just did a mini-table top tree since we were moving around so much.

We took some breaks from decorating to go on some "sleigh rides." They even sang Jingle Bells. We did this for a LONG time.... =) But they loved it, so I couldn't resist.

Jingle Bells is certainly their favorite Christmas song of the moment.

When Daddy got home we were ready to put more decorations up.

Sebastian was very careful with the more fragile ornaments, but even then one got broken. I learned my lesson....I'm just not putting anything breakable up for the next years.

Somehow, Daddy and Sebastian just barely managed to be able to stretch to get the star up on top.

But it was hanging a bit precariously. Sebastian was still proud he put it up.

We just fixed it later....and here is the finished Christmas tree 2010!

No comments: